Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Helene Ruiz (43)



-miscarriage-

-my resurrection-

-carry on-

Bread Crumbs
The piercing of
dried
hearts
by lubricated oracles
in attempt
to condemn
and
judge
because
the
bread
has become
a
million
dried
crumbs…
once
these crumbs
were
the bread of you
and
soon
your bread
will
be these
crumbs.
3/14/2010



Helene writes in her artist's statement:


Art is my passion, religion and salvation. It is my way of surviving and coping. I paint what I feel, when I feel, Although most of my works are considered “surreal” in style by many, my work is actually my “reality” and my perception and creative expression of my life and my interpretation of my environment and the lives of others around me. There is no “correct” way to conclude the meaning behind my work as it is meant to reach inside of you and for you to decide how it relates to your soul, your life, your experiences. I love to paint, I cannot imagine my life without it, nor do I think I would have survived without it. Drawing and Painting is my true “freedom” as I can say whatever I want without restriction, and every painting began with a drawing first. This is how I can express myself when words are at a loss. Sometimes, there are no words that can describe my reality. The stories behind my works are many, I would love to hear how my works may relate to your stories.