Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jennie Rosenbaum (41)

-Crawl- 36x48 Acrylic, Pastel and Gesso on Canvas-

I understand the healing power of art, I have a chronic pain disability resulting from a car accident. Art has turned my life around, given me a career and a path forward. This piece is about my rediscovering myself, my love of art and my joy at finding what I was truly supposed to be doing with my life. It's also about the way art transports me when I paint. The pain drops away and I feel lighter, freer and ready to tackle the world once more.



-Expecting - Watercolors and Pencil on Paper-

I never realized the way pregnancy would redefine the way I treat my body. The care and love I felt for the tiny life growing inside me made me realize that I had to care for myself and treat myself better so that my baby would have the best chance. This has extended into motherhood. There is no bliss I've felt that compares to finding out I was pregnant, except the moment when she was placed on my chest after her birth. This piece is the beginning of this wondrous journey.